Red Rock Sawmills Ltd., operates Burnt Timber, Fallen Timber South, North Ghost, and Waiparous Creek west country campgrounds for the Alberta Community Development Parks & Protected Areas. These campgrounds are located along Highway 40, north of Highway 1A and south of Highway 27.
Red Rock Sawmills, also operates Fallen Timber North, which is located North of Cremona and South of Sundre, west off Highway 22, travel 10 kms West on Burnt Timber Gas Plant Road. Turn Right on Elkton Road, then travel 3 Kms to a Y in road, turn left and travel 6.7 Kms to campground on left.
Site maps for North Ghost, Waiparous Creek, Red Deer River South/North and James-Wilson are found under the Campgrounds Menu - individual campground links.
To view the image below in a larger format, right-click your mouse inside the image and select view image (Driving Directions for this map are listed below):
Google Map for Ghost Area
View Larger Map
Driving Directions to West Country Campgrounds near Sundre:
- From lights in Sundre travel West 9.8 kms. to Coal Camp Road
- Turn left on Coal Camp Road
- Travel 13.3 kms to Cartier Creek Group Camp on Right and Cartier Creek Day Use on Left
- At 24.3 kms pavement runs out and you travel on gravel on Coal Camp Road
- To Deer Creek - 37.2 kms on Coal Camp Road
- 46 kms to stop sign at Highway 734 right to James-Wilson left to campgrounds at Red Deer River.
- When you turn right to James-Wilson Campground and Group Camp you travel 32 kms North on Highway 734.
- To go to Red Deer River North go 2.2 kms South from the stop sign on Highway 734
- Continuing South just before the bridge you can turn right (West) and travel 5 kms to get to Wild Horse Group Camp. If you travel left (South) across the bridge on Highway 734 about 2 kms you will reach Red Deer River South on right hand side and the Group Camp on the left hand side.
- You can continue south on Highway 734 to reach Burnt Timber which is 13.6 kms from the Texas Gate at the Red Deer River Rec Area. If you continue south you will reach Fallen Timber South, North Ghost, and Waiparous Campgrounds and out to Highway 1a and back to Cochrane.